We Can Do This
January 12, 2021
As we do all we can to promote a safe and healthy community, it sometimes feels like we talk a lot about all the things you can't do. There is still plenty to do on campus and in the Columbus area that is both fun and safe!
- Student Life Recreational Sports facilities are open! Anyone accessing the recreation facilities, including for academic classes, will need to show a green status from their Daily Health Report to proceed through the access control point at all recreation facilities, but the facilities are open for you to live your Life In Motion.
- In addition to the facilities being open, Group Fitness Live is back for the spring semester. You can live Life in Motion and participate comfortably in your own space.
Columbus Campus and Community Opportunities
- Columbus has a lot to offer and to ensure that health and safety is a top priority, a number of local businesses have taken the "Live Forward" pledge. Visit the Experience Columbus website to identify what businesses have reopened safely and to plan your next journey in the city.
- Go exploring and learn about the thirteen neighborhoods that make up the University District and the opportunities within.
- The College in CBUS website offers additional resources to students for navigating Columbus. Walk, bike or run the outstanding parks throughout the city.
- Enjoy a stroll through Chadwick Arboretum to take some time in nature.
- Like Art? Art makes Columbus and Columbus makes art! Check out the Greater Columbus arts calendar for virtual and in person events throughout the city.
- Student Life's Discount Ticket program offers budget friendly tickets to area events and attractions. D-Tix is up and running as of this week. Through D-Tix you can get access to attractions like the Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus Museum of Art, Grand Prix Karting and more! Pick those up 2 per BuckID at the Ohio Union Information Center. If you want to eat out or take out at a restaurant, the North Market, or Jeni's Ice Cream, register for those tickets and more online Monday or Tuesday all semester.
- All Dining Services locations will be featuring Limited Time Offer menu items throughout the Spring semester. Be sure to follow @OhioStateDine on Twitter and Instagram to learn more about the Limited Time offerings.
- Sign up for Buckeye Nation Rewards to learn about campus and the Columbus community and get rewarded while doing so. The app features many geo-spotted walking/moving challenges to get you out and about! Sign up on the BNR website.
- OUAB is back! While all their events are virtual at this time, they have an extensive line-up of cooking instructional events, lectures, comedy and live music. Their popular movie nights are returning with the ability to sign in via your Ohio State account to see a film and engage with others watching at the same time. Learn more on the OUAB website.
- The Student Life Multicultural Center’s student cohort groups hold virtual meetings weekly, focusing on creating a sense of belonging, well-being and meaningful relationships on campus.
- Service opportunities are available, even virtually. Student Life Student Activities' Pay It Forward has created a socially distant service webpage to facilitate volunteer opportunities.
- Being Kind is always cool! Ohio State has paired up with Kind Columbus and offers programs and activities all year round. Check out the Be Kind website to be notified of upcoming events and send kind kudos daily from it.
- Need more ideas of things to do while we physical distance? Check out the Student Life calendar. The calendar information is also available through the Ohio State app.
We want you to stay safe and healthy, and we also want you to have an extraordinary student experience. Together as Buckeyes, we can do this!