The vision of the Office of Student Life is to be the premier student affairs division in the country, centered on the extraordinary student and staff experience with cross-cutting experiential learning and commitment to being equity-minded.
We believe that every student has a unique background and set of needs that drives each program and service we offer. We work with students to support them on their path to success during their time at Ohio State, inside and outside the classroom.
Our many departments provide programs and services that impact the daily lives of students. We support every Buckeye, undergraduate, graduate and professional, meeting them where they are at and connecting them with their fellow students and offerings like housing, dining, health and well-being services, belonging and inclusion programming and more.
Together, we empower our students to believe that anything is possible. We work alongside students to create the iconic Ohio State experience, fostering learning and development, enhancing the educational experience, preparing them for citizenship in a diverse global society and making impacts across campus and around the world.
The Office of Student Life employs more than 6,500 individuals, including:
- More than 5,500 part-time student employees
- More than 700 administrative and professional staff
- More than 300 bargaining unit staff (housekeeping, food service, maintenance)
- More than 100 civil service staff
- 75 graduate assistants
Our footprint across Ohio State's campuses covers 6.2 million square feet and includes:
- 36 residence halls and five houses on the Columbus Campus, nine off-campus housing units in Columbus, three graduate residence halls, and three housing complexes on the Wooster, Newark and Mansfield campuses.
- More than 30 food service locations on Columbus, Newark, Mansfield and Wooster campuses
- Eight health, wellness and student success facilities on the Columbus campus including the Adventure Recreation Center, Jesse Owens North Recreation Centers on North, South and West Campus, the North Recreation Center, the Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC), the Wilce Student Health Center and the Younkin Success Center.
- 40 acres of outdoor recreation space on and around the Columbus campus
- One of the area's most comprehensive event centers, the Ohio Union