Apply for the Student Experience and Engagement Delegates (SEEDs) program
September 24, 2020
You can help drive change, share your feedback and ideas as we create an extraordinary experience at Ohio State by applying for the Student Experience and Engagement Delegates (SEEDs) program.
Lead by Melissa Shivers, Senior Vice President for Student Life, the program serves as a way for the university to gather feedback and ideas from as many students as possible. SEEDs are students from any program, level and leadership experience who are interested in contributing their ideas for the best Ohio State possible. All undergraduate, graduate and professional students from any campus are invited to apply. You aren’t required to have a leadership position in a student organization, or even be in a student organization at all.
Regardless of your experience or affiliation, what’s important is that those who apply will commit to:
- Attending monthly meetings with Melissa Shivers, Student Life leaders, student government leaders, university guests and other students
- Providing feedback about a variety of topics including, but not limited to, campus policies, climate, engagement, barriers and support that is crucial to student success
- Offering solution-oriented ideas that will advance the Ohio State student experience
- Engaging as an active participant in special events, initiatives and potential recruitment of prospective students
Applications are being accepted for the 20 positions in the 2021/2022 cohort until 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 21. Students who apply must:
- Have a genuine interest to serve the Office of Student Life and their fellow Buckeyes
- Commit to attending the monthly meetings and contributing approximately 2-4 hours/month in out-of-meeting engagement
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
To apply, visit go.osu.edu/SEEDs-application.
2021-22 Cohort Meeting Dates
Meetings take place from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 5, 2021 - Welcome
- Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Thursday, October 7, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 (moved to this day because of Holiday on Thursday)
- Thursday, December 2, 2021
- Thursday, January 13, 2022
- Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Thursday, March 3, 2022
- Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Thursday, May 5, 2022