Tackling Challenges with Coach Day: Mental Health During a Pandemic
February 17, 2021
Join us for “Tackling Challenges with Coach Day: Mental Health During a Pandemic,” a virtual keynote address with Coach Ryan Day, on Thursday February 25 at 4:30 p.m.
Hear from Coach Day as he discusses the importance of breaking the stigma of mental health, while sharing how mental health has affected him personally and recognizing the mental health challenges we all face during the pandemic. Coach Day will also be answering questions attendees submit ahead of time.
The program is presented by the Undergraduate Student Government (USG), Block O, Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB), Mental Health Matters, MindVersity and Student-Athlete Peer Educators.
- Nick Wead (he/him) - Undergraduate Student, Block O President
- Gene Smith (he/him) - Senior Vice President and Wolfe Foundation Endowed Athletics Director
- Keynote Speaker, Coach Ryan Day (he/him) - Ohio State Football Head Coach
- Maddie Carson (she/her) - Undergraduate Student, Chair of the Undergraduate Caucus of the Undergraduate Student Government (USG)
- Lily Goldberg (she/her) - Undergraduate Student, Director of Health and Safety of the Undergraduate Student Government (USG)
- Dr. Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk (she/her) - Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, Dean of the College of Nursing
- Emily Nothnagle (she/her) - Undergraduate Student, Student-Athlete Peer Educators
Thank you all who joined us on Thursday, February 25 for this event. To watch the event again or if you weren't able to join, visit the Student Life YouTube channel for the recording.
This event is held in memory of Willie J. Young Sr.