Make Every Game A Home Game
October 22, 2020
Making every game a home game is easy when campus is your home! The Office of Student Life is offering special game day food, activities and prizes to help you cheer on the Buckeyes every weekend. These opportunities will be taking place across campus so no matter what part of campus you call home, you can show your Buckeye Pride.
Ideas for #Homegating
To help you #homegate, the Office of Student Life and Ohio State Athletics has developed a list of activities and opportunities you can take part in to show your Buckeye pride:
- Before and during each home game, fans can connect with the Scarlet Saturday live stream in the Ohio State Athletics app or the Ohio State Athletics Facebook page. Tune in while watching the game and enjoy content streaming from the Ohio Stadium video board, trivia, fun interactive segments and an opportunity to submit your own photos and videos to be featured.
- Several contests, including residence hall lobby decorating, off-campus house decorating and a search for the Most Spirited Buckeye on each of Ohio State’s campuses, will give students the chance to win great prizes.
- Students with dining plans can enjoy football-themed food specials every Thursday through Saturday.
- Student Life Dining Services food trucks will be making deliveries of free food to students living off-campus in the University District who are celebrating responsibly in groups of 10 or less.
- Buckeye fans can have a presence in the Ohio Stadium by purchasing fan cut-outs that will be placed in the seats or by reserving space for a message on the stadium scoreboard during the game.
- Students can check out the new stops added to the self-guided Traditions Tour on Buckeye Nation Rewards. This tour will help students learn more about noteworthy spots on campus and earn points for prizes, like lunch in The ‘Shoe on the 50-yard line. The Tour can be accessed by signing up for Buckeye Nation Rewards.
More fun and safe ways to enjoy the gameday atmosphere are being developed. Be sure to follow the Office of Student Life and Ohio State Athletics on social media for more information and check back to this page every week.
Cheer The Buckeyes On Safely
To continue the fun of football season through December, we are asking all students and members of the Buckeye family to follow health and safety guidelines while enjoying the game. This includes wearing masks, washing your hands, practicing physical distancing and cheering on the Buckeyes from home with your quaran-team. Large gatherings are not safe, and they are not permitted. Please do not put yourself or your fellow Buckeyes at risk by hosting or participating in gatherings of more than 10.
Your best bet for cheering on the Buckeyes safely:
- Watch at home, not at a restaurant or bar, with the friends and roommates you’ve been spending time with routinely.
- Watch outside if you can.
- Keep your game-day crew to 10 people or fewer.
- When possible, wear masks and stay at least 6 feet apart. Remember that cheering, yelling (and singing “Carmen Ohio”) increase the spread of COVID-19, so consider spreading out even further – 10 to 12 feet is ideal in these situations.