Time: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Interfaith Room of the Ohio Union
How to Be an Ally
The "Becoming an Ally" workshop provides a space to explore how to be supportive and respectful to each other across identities and experiences, and to ask questions and engage in conversation. The discussion will take place in the Interfaith Room of the Ohio Union from 6-8 pm.
Come to this workshop to:
- Explore different social identities
- Think critically about institutional racism
- Learn about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities
- Discuss faith and spirituality
- Recognize privilege, and discover how to address it
Participants will leave the training with newfound awareness and concrete strategies that can be used toward making our campus and larger communities more welcoming and affirming for everyone. Educational materials and Ally buttons will be provided. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome to attend!
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar