Time: Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Varies (see schedule)
Admission: Blood Donation
The recent winter storm that hit the Northeast has forced the cancellation of 160 American Red Cross blood drives in 8 states, resulting in a shortfall of more than 6,600 units of blood and platelets. Your help is needed. Please consider donating today at one of the following upcoming campus blood drives:
- Friday, February 22: Drackett 2 pm - 7 pm
- Tuesday, February 26: Hall Complex @ Neil Building 3 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday, February 28: Taylor Tower 2 pm - 8 pm
- Monday, March 4: Baker West 12 pm - 6 pm
- Monday, March 18: Blackburn/Haverfield/Nosker 2 pm - 7 pm
While all types are needed, the Red Cross urges those with blood types O negative, B negative, and A negative to make a lifesaving appointment. Together our efforts can help save lives.
Here's a few tips for a successful donation; you can learn more online:
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet
- Hydrate – drink an extra 16 oz of liquid before and after your donation
- Have a healthy meal before your donation – avoid foods high in fat just prior to donation
- Remember to bring your ID!
Add to your calendar