About Us »
The Office of Student Life: Creating the Extraordinary Student Experience
The more than 30 departments within the Office of Student Life are dedicated to helping students achieve success. Each student's needs and background are unique, and each department offers a variety of support and services to help them be successful.
Our programs and services foster student learning and development, enhance the educational experience, and prepare students for their chosen professions and to be contributing members of a diverse global society.
We operate many of the programs and services of daily life, including on- and off-campus housing, dining, recreation, diversity, inclusion, equity, student involvement and engagement, health care, counseling, career development, and multiple opportunities to develop leadership and citizenship skills and experiences.
Student Life Facts and Figures
More than 6,000 employees, including:
- 356 bargaining unit staff (housekeeping, food service, maintenance)
- 643 administrative and professional staff
- 115 Civil Service staff
- 75 Graduate Assistants
- More than 5,000 part-time student employees
- 34 Columbus campus residence halls
- 12 off-campus housing units (Columbus)
- 3 housing complexes on the Wooster, Newark, and Mansfield campuses
- More than 25 food service locations on Columbus campus, plus operations on 3 regional campuses including Newark, Wooster, and Mansfield.
- 7 Columbus campus health, wellness, and student success facilities: Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC); Adventure Recreation Center (ARC); Jesse Owens Recreation Centers North, South, and West; Wilce Student Health Center; and Younkin Success Center
- 6 Columbus campus event centers: the Ohio Union, the Jerome Schottenstein Center, the Blackwell Inn, Royer Student Activity Center, the Fawcett Center, and the Drake Performance and Event Center
- 6.2 million total square feet